Successfully Manage Quest Software
Quest Software offers a vast range of products that underpin productivity and efficiency. However, with such a broad spectrum of products and licensing metrics comes significant complexity and risk.
Additionally, Quest Software looks to their compliance program as a key revenue generator, rather than an education and IP protection initiative. Members of the Quest compliance team are incentivized by audit results, and therefore operate in a manner that is all too often focused on the dollars and far less on the customer relationship.
When you marry this approach from the publisher with a general shortfall in licensing expertise that is prevalent within most licensee organizations, it can and often does lead to very expensive audit settlements and a huge cost in terms of man-hours to coordinate and manage an audit from start to finish.
That’s why we’ve created this Lightning Course about the key principles of Quest License Management. Those principles are:
- Mastering contractual governance
- Keeping an efficient and robust document repository
- Maintaining a strong working relationship between product and application owners
- Effectively monitoring consumption and demand
- Counting licenses periodically and accurately
- And proactively managing your technical environment
Implementing and following these principles will greatly mitigate the complexity and risk of Quest license management and ensure that you are prepared for potential compliance audits.